Friday 23 September 2011

Sit and Polish

A prediction of a top temperature of 32C was reason enough for me to want to forgo shoes and drag out the strappy sandals today. But after a winter of haphazard and not always timely pedicures, a bit of work was needed to get my twinkle toes up to public viewing standards so a visit to one of the many nail salons that are within a 5 minute walk of my house was the order of the day. Now whilst my beauty routine may have been in hibernation over the last few months, those glamorous scientists of the cosmetics world were inventing all sorts of glamorous beauty products for lazy people like me and the one item I am excited about trying is Shellac, a hybrid between nail polish and gel. The claims of this product are that it is dries almost instantly, is chip resistant for 14 days and doesn't damage the nail surface. For someone like me who refuses all colored nail polishes on my fingernails because of a high chip factor (within 24 hours people, every single time) and has had one disasterous experience with gel and will never try it again, this could well be the answer to colour co-ordinating hands and feet for me.

So here I am several hours after choosing a neutral pink colour that makes me feel all graceful and ballerina like (as opposed to the baby fairy elephant I am more often associated with). Even after lots of scrounging around in my handbag, the usual chipping culprit, all is perfect with my polish! Let's see how long this nail perfection lasts in the World of Cole but so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment