Saturday 25 June 2011

Holiday Food


The great thing about any holiday is that the pretense of healthy eating can be forgotten purely under the guise of it being "holiday time". Yesterday I had crepes with butter, lemon and sugar for breakfast. Unbeknown to me at the time, the freshly squeezed orange juice that accompanied it would have to serve as my fruit, veggie and fibre dose for the day.

Lunch provided chicken fajitas by the pool and they looked quite healthy by holiday food standards (work with me here people). It suited my lazy tendencies in that I didn't even have to leave my deck chair to order.
Dinner was grilled red snapper....grilled in copious amounts of butter that is. Yum! Served with chips that I didn't eat (but of course I lie, I ate each and every one without pausing for breath). I finished off with a decadent chocolate pudding which I ordered not just with double cream but ice-cream too. Is it any wonder I had to roll myself to bed? Still I awake refreshed and ready to take on the eating challenges of today. Mmmm, come to me you cute little bacon and egg roll with extra bacon....

No comments:

Post a Comment