Saturday 18 June 2011

Sunny Saturday

There are days that really help reaffirm just why I love winter in Sydney. Despite my complaints about chilly days, I do have to concede that the temperatures are quite mild...especially in comparison with every other place we have lived. It gets cold enough that I can make the most of my winter wardrobe (Hello boots! Hello cashmere!) but there is hardly any possibility of a "snow day" keeping us home from work - a semi-regular occurrence in winter during our years in the Northern Hemisphere. Even better though, is that it is completely possible to have days of total sunshine. Where there isn't a cloud in the sky and you venture out without 30+ sunscreen solely at your own risk.

After a wet and windy time last weekend, I was reminded today of just how magical a winters day can be here in the harbour city. It was so lovely that Eady and I went for a leisurely stroll along the water from Balgowlah to Manly to make the most of the beautiful sunshine, the gorgeous views and the fresh sea air. We worked up a good appetite for a yum cha lunch at Manly Sky Phoenix where we managed to nab a window table and lots of steamed dumplings within minutes of arriving. Another leisurely stroll back to the car allowed us to enjoy the last of the afternoon sunshine before our drive home. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment