Monday 16 May 2011

My favourite serum

My skin has always been on the slightly sensitive side. In fact, it probably wouldn't be too far wrong to describe it as high maintenance in a JLo-diva-demands sort of way. I couldn't really use products for very long (if at all), before a reaction of some sort would occur. It didn't seem to matter how much I spent, whether the products were specifically for sensitive skin or even if they were purely organic - the results were always the same. It was a very expensive habit trialling different potions for a few weeks before finding they just didn't suit at which point my Mum would then end up getting a bag of stuff with which to play (and which always seemed to suit her down to a tee!). Luckily though, over the last 12 months or so, I have found some products that seem not only suit my skin but actually provide the benefits that the marketing departments claim they will provide. Yay, double bonus! I don't know if it is because my skin is calming down now that I am on the other side of 30 or if the products themselves are a little bit of heaven in a bottle but who really cares? The main thing is they have well and truly bonded with my skin.

One of my select dream products is Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Protector which I have been using since I first tried it in December last year. 6 months of continuous use is paramount to a miracle in my bathroom and consequently I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and judging by the effect it seems to have had on my skin, I think it is fairly safe to say that my skin also seems to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it too! I am so happy with this product and even though us Australian devotees are paying well over twice the price for a bottle when compared to prices in the US and UK, I am prepared to overlook this transgression purely because of it's complete and utter fabulousness! Sorry Mum, but this is definitely one product I will be keeping all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment