Sunday, 29 May 2011

The return of Eady

Eady arrived home on Friday following his week in Melbourne and boy, was I glad to see him. Despite a very early night on Friday (tucked up in bed by 9.30pm!), he was still tired from all of the “executive learning” that he did during the week so a quiet weekend with minimal mental exertion was in order. Therefore a traditional Cole-and-Eady date night of dinner and a movie was booked in for Saturday night. We headed to Tapioca, a Thai restaurant in Cremorne which was set-up by two chefs and a Front of House from the well known and much loved Sailors Thai restaurants. With this pedigree and the reputation of it's predessor in mind, we had big expectations and I'm happy to say that Tapioca certainly lived up them. It is now officially known as a place that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to dine at. So what did we eat? Chicken dumplings, the colour and detail of which were just beautiful. Just like dainty, lilac-coloured chrysanthemums.

Deep-fried quail eggs with minced prawn. Wow. 

For main we decided to share the whole snapper. It was a good choice but probably a little too hot-n-spicy for my delicate palate.

After dinner, we went to see The Hangover II at the Orpheum which is a beautifully renovated art-deco cinema just down the road from Tapioca. Judging by the size and demographic of the crowd, it seemed that every couple on the lower North Shore between the ages of 20 and 40 also had the same idea. Now we loved the first Hangover movie. It was silly and funny and required little effort other then just sitting there and enjoying it. Therefore we thought the sequel would be the perfect movie for Eady’s tired brain to cope with. The sequel itself was passable (just) and I would probably go so far as to say that I was a little bored in parts. It certainly didn’t recapture the hilarity of the first movie and seemed almost as tired as Eady himself. Eady enjoyed it however and I am sure that it is because it was as far removed from strategic management as you could prossibly get!

After seeing the weather forecast on Sunday morning which predicted rain, rain, rain non-stop for pretty much the next week, we decided to make the most of the overcast yet dry day by heading across the bridge to Woollahra. After a lazy wonder up and down Queen Street, we popped into the front bar at the Woolharra Hotel for a couple of refreshing ales (well, bubbles for me) and  delicious toasted ham and gruyere cheese sandwiches on Turkish bread for lunch. Yum. It seemd like lots of people had the same idea and were out and about making the most of Sydney's streets before the rain set in. Which it did, as soon as we arrived back home. Excellent timing by us!

No comments:

Post a Comment