Friday 6 May 2011

My new Jarbo cardigan

Fridays are always great, no matter which way you look at it. They are extra-specially great though when a Shopbop delivery arrives, woo hoo! My latest purchase was a draped Jarbo cardigan in heather grey made with 50% alpaca and 50% acrylic yarn. It was heavily reduced and along with the Aussie dollar doing a fantastically spectacular trade right now, I thought it was just too good a bargain to pass up. When I saw it online, I hoped it would serve as as extra layer to wear over some of my wool Country Road cardigans that are just a little too flimsy to keep out the winter chill on their own or even where I just don't feel like I need or want a woollen jacket or cashmere coat as my top layer. My first impressions were good, I loved the colour and the texture, just like a chunky handknit. I also like the way the cardigan can be worn two ways depending on whether I want a long cardigan or a cropped cardigan. What I am not sure about are the shoulders. The cardigan has been designed to have drop shoulders with a bit of  semi-bat wing action going on but I am not quite sure that it works. I thought about altering it to make the shoulders more narrow and have a more traditional fit but then the sleeves would be far too short to cover these long gangly, Grover-like arms of mine. Instead, I think I will play around with styling it and see what I end up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment